Preparing for Exams
- Try to predict exam questions. Then write out the answers to them.
- To make sure you understand something, try to explain it to others.
- When studying for a major test, break up the information into smaller sections. Learn one section and test yourself on the knowledge.
- Avoid all-night cramming.
- Use flashcards to help with memorization of concepts or terms you are learning. When trying to memorize, say it and write it at the same time.
- Before a test, make a list of the things you have trouble with and drill those things a little extra.
- Be sure to ask yourself questions as you are studying. When you have mastered a concept, relax and trust your understanding of that
particular material. Don't constantly go back to it and over-learn it. That might work against you.